Community Outreach Officer
We’re hiring for a job starting in the New Year
Bring your A Game to work for the YMCA
You’d work with us to develop a range of youth initiatives that would be run from the YMCA in Newark for young people in the community.
We want someone that can build relationships with local schools, colleges, community centres and youth clubs so that together we can reach out to young people and deliver a range of sport and engaging activities that they’ll love to take part in at the YMCA Community & Activity Village.
This is a part-time role and if you think you’re a good fit then we’d love to hear from you to talk about your ideas in an interview in January. Read through the full job description and apply today, to start 2022 with the YMCA.
Send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th January 2022
In this role you’ll be
- directly interacting and supporting children and young people in Newark
- developing a network of relationships in the community with, schools, colleges and PCSO’s, working with them to identify new opportunities that appeal to young people
- bringing your ideas to create and plan both new innovative activities, and grow existing sport initiatives at the YMCA
- supporting the development of a charity that puts our YMCA core values at the centre of everything we do – Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- doing a job that makes a difference to young people’s lives.
Job Title: Children’s & Youth Outreach Officer
Department: Sport, Health and Wellbeing
Responsible to: Sports & Families Service Manager
Location: Community & Activity Village, Bowbridge Road
Hours Part-Time 15 hours per week (inc days, evenings & weekends as role requires)
Salary: £8,190 – £9,321 depending on experience per annum
- Provide outreach support to the children and young people of Newark and surrounding areas
- To provide positive interaction with, children, young people and families and the local community
- To develop a fully inclusive programme, offer coordinating and delivering the development of sport and active recreation throughout the Village by maximising the use of existing and future facilities, funding and human resources.
- To work with a network of youth clubs, schools, communities and partners to identify new opportunities for children and young people to help make informed choices about out of school activities.
- Creating, organising and running a number of funded programmes for the YMCA and source new funding opportunities
- To support the development of an organisational culture that puts our YMCA Core Values at the centre – Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- To support, research and determine gaps in provisions for young people and meet the needs of children and young people aged 11 – 18 years old
- To understand and align delivery against the YMCA Development Assets Framework and work in line with the Relationship First approach
- To develop, plan, deliver and evaluate targeted activities and events programmes including events that bring the wider community in from outside the network to ensure all programmes are sustainable.
- To design inclusive programmes that are user informed
- To create opportunities to develop peer mentors on programme
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communications strategies that encourage participation in programmes by young people, youth workers and volunteers.
- Managing the Newark and Sherwood community and activity projects and ensure that the programmes are innovative, and participant led.
- Develop good relationships with sports clubs, partners, local organisations, authorities and governing bodies enhancing funding opportunities as appropriate.
- To take responsibility for any safeguarding issues reporting and acting appropriately.
- To work with colleagues, managers, members and contractors to ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the site as required.
- To report illegal or unacceptable behaviour of customers and work with other staff to address such issues.
- To undertake administrative tasks, including condition surveys and reports, as required.
How to apply
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check (which we will pay for) and registration with the DBS Update Service.
To apply, download an application form and return completed to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 9th January 2022