We’re looking for someone that can lead, manage, inspire, and motivate a team for our 90+ space nursery and the before and after school provision at our brand-new YMCA Community & Activity Village.
The successful candidate in this exciting role will be instrumental in recruiting and training a team that will go on to establish the reputation of the YMCA childcare facilities at the Community & Activity Village.
The brand new 90+ space nursery will have six rooms with three age ranges; babies, toddlers and pre-school.
If you think that you’d be a great fit for this role and your experience can demonstrate an ability to provide high quality care and education for children apply today.
Drop us an email, or if you’d like to talk through the role in more detail you can speak to Catherine Shotton, our Assistant Operations Manager for Early Years and Childcare.
Job Title: Childcare Manager
Department: Children, Youth and Families
Responsible to: Assistant Operations Manager – Early Years & Childcare
Location: YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community Activity village
Hours: 37.5 hours per week to include weekends and evenings
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- To lead and manage the Nursery and Before and After School Clubs for 0 – 11-year-olds.
- To effectively manage the day to day running of childcare and deliver the highest quality care and education for all children to achieve and maintain an Outstanding Ofsted judgement.
- To have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework.
- To effectively manage an inclusive setting in line with EYFS to cater for the needs of children from diverse backgrounds and cultures, including children with special education needs.
- To maintain a sustainable financial business model through attaining the maximum level of occupancy.
- To be the Designated Safeguarding Lead for the nursery, breakfast and after school club including all additional parent/child programmes.
- To support the development of an organisational culture that puts the YMCA’s Christian Core Values – Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility – at the centre of all we do.
- To ensure all aspects of the EYFS curriculum is planned & delivered to a level of Outstanding quality.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, induction and training of new staff in collaboration with the with Assistant Operations Manager – Early Years and Childcare on the recruitment and selection process.
- To be responsible for new admissions including organising the ‘settling in’ process.
- To organise key person groups for all children within the setting.
- To ensure that the facility is a safe, clean, welcoming and stimulating environment.
- To organise, maintain and store all resources and equipment to a high standard.
- To organise and manage the consumables and stock levels for example, food, hygiene, cleaning and arts materials.
- To contribute to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation, and development of the facility.
- To be responsible for all setting administration including maintaining registers, staffing ratios, organising daily staff rotas, breaks and organising staffing cover in the case of staff absence, annual leave and sickness absence.
- To be responsible for all Health and Safety considerations in including completing risk assessments, making daily health and safety checks and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- To liaise with the village management team regarding health, safety, maintenance, and room booking requirements.
- To manage, develop, coach and support staff including undertaking regular informal and formal supervision meetings, annual performance reviews and session observations and to manage staff Continuous Professional Development (CPD), identify training needs and facilitating training opportunities and progression routes.
- To lead and support the administration of first aid when required, ensuring accurate records are maintained.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that all YMCA policies and procedures including behaviour management, safeguarding children/adults and health and safety are fully implemented and adhered to.
- To build and maintain positive partnerships within the community especially with parent/carers, head teachers and partnering organisations.
- To keep abreast of relevant local and national government policy/ legislation in relation to childcare including Ofsted regulations.
- To ensure a consistent exciting programme is delivered for all children, including STEAM and Experiential Learning linking to the Early Learning Goals EYFS Framework.
- To work with the PR&M team to ensure the facility is promoted to maximise utilisation.
- To manage and coordinate the nursery catering team to provide the children attending the facility with nutritionally balanced menus, supporting children with all dietary requirements and ensuring all health and safety regulations are exceeded such as (but not limited to) food storage and safety, stock rotation and temperature logs meeting the Food Standards Agency requirements.
- To agree, monitor and manage budget, forecast and monthly accounts for the nursery, breakfast and after school club in accordance with YMCA Robin Hood requirements and procedures.
- To manage and coordinate additional parent/child sessions to raise awareness, promote and increase occupancy levels of nursery, before and after school clubs.