Professional athletics track & field facilities.
Our premium athletics track and field facility is the ideal place for your club or school to train, to host competition events, para-athletics, or as an individual and training for personal goals.
- Extensive athletics facilities include a full 400m rubberised running track with hurdles, a long jump trench and high jump mats as well as a full discus netting.
- All-weather track and floodlighting ensures training throughout the winter months won’t need to stop. Whether you come with your club or school, bring your family along or prefer to train alone, you’ll find everything you need for an amazing practice experience at the YMCA Village.
IDEAL FOR:ClubsSchoolsAthletics Events ParasportsImproving FitnessPersonal trainingSchool Sports Days
Our professional athletics facilities are second to none in the Newark and Sherwood area. The rubberised running track reduces impact on your joints and will take your training to another level.
Used by a number of para-athletes the track is ideal for specialist training too.
If you’re looking for a new venue for your event we host many athletic meets throughout the season.
- 400m rubberised running track offers a premium surface for running sports
- All track and field equipment available; long/triple jump trench, high jump, pole vault hurdles, discus netting and large in-field area
- Ideal for athletics events
- Floodlit – no need to stop training on dark nights
- All-weather surface
- Shower facilities available
- 5k = 12.5 laps
- 10k = 25 laps
- ½ marathon = 53 laps
- Full marathon = 105 laps
Team or Group Booking.
£6 per person per hour
Track group booking of ten or more people £32.40 per hour
Club bookings taken in advance of over 10 bookings £27
We ask that clubs pay at least one month in advance.
Call our team at the Village to discuss your requirements and for athletics events we can tailor a package.Make a Booking Call Us
If you’re training for an event or want to energise your day, come along and train on our track for just £2 per session:
Monday to Friday 8am – 10am (Wednesday until 11am)
Monday 8pm – 9pm
Wednesday and Friday 4pm – 6pm
Saturday & Sunday 9:30am – 11am
Join likeminded runners and enjoy the feel of our professional 400m rubberised track.
Exercise with your pushchair
Our smooth rubberised 400m running track mean that you can set your own pace with your pushchair and improve your fitness levels whilst exercising with your little one. Join us at any of the Y-Running sessions.
The track is available to book at all other times for £6 per session.Book online
Athletics meetings or school sports days
Our athletics facilities are ideal tailor individual needs to host an athletics meeting/event or school sports day.
Talk to us about your needs, for a full or half day and in addition to the track you can hire a range of equipment; hammer, javelin, shot put, discus, long jump, triple jump, high jump and hurdles.
The cost of the sports day will be dependent on what facilities you book and we can also arrange for catering suppliers.Make a booking Call us
Make a Booking.
Call or email our team at Newark Monday to Friday from 8:30am until 9pm
Booking for your club, school, an event or for yourself we’d love to hear from you.
Athletics Clubs at the YMCA Village.
If you’re interested in joining an athletics club we host regular sessions from a number of local clubs who use our facilities throughout the week.
YMCA Village, to inspire our community.
Our flagship Village in Newark is designed to be a hub for the whole community, a place where young people have the opportunity to discover sports and activities that they love, as well as education, skills, qualifications and vocational training.Discover the Village