Terms and Conditions
Please select your chosen service using the arrows below and ensure you read all ‘Terms and Conditions’ (T&Cs) relating to your service before making a booking with YMCA Newark and Sherwood.
Facility hire YMCA Village
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Hire fees and all other associated charges such as any equipment rentals must be paid at the time of booking. Payments will be required on a 4 weekly upfront payment. Invoices can be arranged for partner bookings only. Invoices are payable within 28 days.
- All bookings must finish at the time agreed on the booking form. Failure to comply may result in additional charges at the hourly rate and added to the booking charge. Frequent failure to comply with booking times will result in advanced bookings being cancelled at the discretion of the management.
- All participants must adhere to the following conditions of hire for a facility booking. The FA Code of Conduct will be issued for all pitch users to ensure respect for all users of NSCAV. Failure to do so will be deemed as disruptive and unacceptable behaviour, which may result in the cancellation of your booking.
- All equipment and material brought into NSCAV for use during the hire period is to be removed at the end of the hire period.
- Any damage to NSCAV, pitches, track or equipment sustained during the hire period, will be charged for the total cost of repair including VAT & labour. The Hirer will be invoiced and invoices must be paid within 28 days.
- Advertising relating to any meeting to be held at the NSCAV must be shown to the Manager and the wording agreed at least 14 days before the function. The Hirer shall not display or cause or encourage to be displayed by any means whatsoever any bill, poster or other material advertising the event for which the premises are hired that would result in contravention of the Town and Country Planning Act 1971 or Advertising Regulations 1984. Please do not fly post, it may lead to the cancellation of your booking.
- No alcohol & No smoking (including e-cigarettes) is to be consumed/used at the YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community and Activity Village.
- The Hirer is responsible for the effective control of the booking, this means you are responsible for the actions of all members within your booking, this includes the safe evacuation of all persons attending your booking in the event a fire alarm or other emergencies. The Hirer is also responsible for ensuring adequate public liability insurance is in place – a copy should be produced at the time of booking.
- Participants, Team and Club Members under the age of 18 are to be supervised at all times.
- It is a condition of booking that the Hirer confirms that they are aware of the principles of safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and that they have taken appropriate steps to ensure that people under their supervision are not placed at risk. In order to comply with the YMCA’s conditions of hire, organisations working with children or vulnerable adults must have a safeguarding policy and must ensure that Tutors/Facilitators working with their clients have an appropriate DBS check, whether it be a Safeguarding Children policy and/or Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policy and/or the tutor/person facilitating our sessions has an appropriate DBS check.
- Cancellations – Notice of cancellation should be received via email 7 days before the booking. If this is not received the Hirer will be liable for the loss of income and will be invoiced accordingly. Refunds will only be made if notice of cancellation is received in writing a minimum of 7 days before the date of the booking – firstname.lastname@example.org and will be made down to the YMCAs desecration.
- The YMCA reserves the right at any time before the commencement of the booking for which the facility is booked, to cancel the booking as a result of any act of God, accident, failure or damage to machinery or other equipment or breach of contract by a third party. If this becomes necessary, the YMCA will make every effort to give the Hirer notice and will refund any letting fees or charges which the Hirer has paid to the YMCA for the booking or will, alternatively, offer the hirer alternative facilities of a comparable standard. In any event, the YMCA will be under no liability in respect of any alteration, re-arrangement or cancellation of any booking other than to refund the hire fees or charges. The YMCA reserve the right to terminate a booking due to late or non-payment of invoices.
- All bookings at NSCAV are the responsibility of the Hirer.
- YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community and Activity Village accept no liability for loss or damage however caused.
- All groups using NSCAV will be required to become annual members of YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community and Activity Village. This enables access to the YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community and Activity Village for bookings including the 3G Pitches and Athletics Track & building. PLEASE ENSURE THAT ANY EQUIPMENT BROUGHT INTO NSCAV IS FULLY INSURED AND IS NOT LEFT UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME. By ticking ‘yes’ above, you are agreeing to adhere to the Conditions of hire, FA Code of Conduct (if applicable) laid out above, failure to adhere will result in the termination of your booking.
YMCA Camp Newark
T&Cs for booking children’s services including Camp Newark (delivered by YMCA Newark and Sherwood), Camp Williams (Nottinghamshire YMCA Day Camps) and Wollaton Holiday Club (Nottinghamshire YMCA Childcare).
Bookings and Payments
- Full payment can be made at the time of booking. Alternatively, a £30 per child per week non-refundable/non transferrable deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Bookings made within 10 working days of a camp start date require payment in full.
- Balance payments are due no later than 10 working days prior to the start of camp.
- Bookings with an outstanding balance, after the 10 working day period, cannot be guaranteed.
Can I make changes to my booking?
- Upon booking a camp a non-refundable/non transferrable deposit of a £30 per child per week is payable immediately. Full payment must be made 10 working days prior to the start of the camp.
- Any changes to bookings and dates will incur a £10 administration fee.
- If you are unable to attend camp and notify us more than 10 working days prior to the start date, your booking can be transferred or the money paid held on account for the following camp.
- If camp cannot be attended due to sudden illness it may be possible to transfer to an alternative date. YMCA Newark and Sherwood / Nottinghamshire YMCA must be notified in advance of the camp start date. Please note a transfer cannot be guaranteed and is subject to availability.
- It is not possible to transfer a booking when a camp has not been attended and there has been no contact with YMCA Newark and Sherwood / Nottinghamshire YMCA. In this instance, all payments will be retained by YMCA Newark and Sherwood / Nottinghamshire YMCA.
- If a camp is cancelled by YMCA Newark and Sherwood / Nottinghamshire YMCA due to unforeseen circumstances, a transfer will be offered at no additional cost.
- The content of the advertised camp may change at the discretion of YMCA Newark and Sherwood / Nottinghamshire YMCA.
Other Fees & Charges
- If you are going to be late please let us know on: 07786 919305. We reserve the right to charge £5 followed by £5 for every 5 minutes that you are late.
YMCA Childcare (Term-Time)
By making a booking, I understand and agree to abide by all of YMCA Newark and Sherwood’s Childcare policies and procedures, as stated in the relevant Parent Handbook. This includes and is not limited to the YMCA Payment Policies.
- I agree that my child’s registration is complete and accurate before I have registered for any YMCA Childcare provision. I agree that my childcare fees will be paid in full on the dates specified. Payments after this date will result in an additional fine.
- I agree that YMCA Newark and Sherwood will charge late fees for not paying on time and dishonoured checks will incur an additional £5 charge.
- I agree to collect my child by the end of each session, or I will be charged a late collection fee of £5 per 5 minutes – this is only relevant to after school clubs.
- I understand that the childcare provision may be closed on selected holidays. Please see our website for updates.
- YMCA staff will not take part in discussions concerning legal documents or court degrees, and therefore, decisions regarding who is authorised to collect a child will be governed by the ‘collectors’ information provided by the Primary Parent/Guardian. This information must be kept up to date. This can be done by visiting our website or by contacting the bookings team on 0115 711 7006.
- I agree that no persons under the age of 18 can collect my child without the prior submission of a signed ‘release to minor’ form.
- I confirm that the information that I have provided is accurate and up to date.
- I understand that neither YMCA Newark and Sherwood nor the respective site/school can accept responsibility for any accident, injury, or personal loss sustained during my child’s attendance.
- I understand that, in the event of a school closure, I will still be charged.
- To ensure that appropriate staffing ratios are maintained, I will not amend my scheduled bookings later than 14 days prior to the booked session.
- I understand that I must give 28 days’ notice to leave YMCA Newark and Sherwood’s Breakfast and After School Club Childcare service, and I understand that YMCA Newark and Sherwood would value the feedback of a completed exit survey for my child.