Terms and Conditions
Please ensure you read all ‘Terms and Conditions’ (T&Cs) relating to your service before making a booking with YMCA Newark and Sherwood.
Facility hire YMCA Village
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Hire fees and all other associated charges such as any equipment rentals must be paid at the time of booking. Payments will be required on a 4 weekly upfront payment. Invoices can be arranged for partner bookings only. Invoices are payable within 28 days.
- All bookings must finish at the time agreed on the booking form. Failure to comply may result in additional charges at the hourly rate and added to the booking charge. Frequent failure to comply with booking times will result in advanced bookings being cancelled at the discretion of the management.
- All participants must adhere to the following conditions of hire for a facility booking. The FA Code of Conduct will be issued for all pitch users to ensure respect for all users of NSCAV. Failure to do so will be deemed as disruptive and unacceptable behaviour, which may result in the cancellation of your booking.
- All equipment and material brought into NSCAV for use during the hire period is to be removed at the end of the hire period.
- Any damage to NSCAV, pitches, track or equipment sustained during the hire period, will be charged for the total cost of repair including VAT & labour. The Hirer will be invoiced and invoices must be paid within 28 days.
- Advertising relating to any meeting to be held at the NSCAV must be shown to the Manager and the wording agreed at least 14 days before the function. The Hirer shall not display or cause or encourage to be displayed by any means whatsoever any bill, poster or other material advertising the event for which the premises are hired that would result in contravention of the Town and Country Planning Act 1971 or Advertising Regulations 1984. Please do not fly post, it may lead to the cancellation of your booking.
- No alcohol & No smoking (including e-cigarettes) is to be consumed/used at the YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community and Activity Village.
- The Hirer is responsible for the effective control of the booking, this means you are responsible for the actions of all members within your booking, this includes the safe evacuation of all persons attending your booking in the event a fire alarm or other emergencies. The Hirer is also responsible for ensuring adequate public liability insurance is in place – a copy should be produced at the time of booking.
- Participants, Team and Club Members under the age of 18 are to be supervised at all times.
- It is a condition of booking that the Hirer confirms that they are aware of the principles of safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and that they have taken appropriate steps to ensure that people under their supervision are not placed at risk. In order to comply with the YMCA’s conditions of hire, organisations working with children or vulnerable adults must have a safeguarding policy and must ensure that Tutors/Facilitators working with their clients have an appropriate DBS check, whether it be a Safeguarding Children policy and/or Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policy and/or the tutor/person facilitating our sessions has an appropriate DBS check.
- Cancellations – Notice of cancellation should be received via email 7 days before the booking. If this is not received the Hirer will be liable for the loss of income and will be invoiced accordingly. Refunds will only be made if notice of cancellation is received in writing a minimum of 7 days before the date of the booking – email@example.com and will be made down to the YMCAs desecration.
- The YMCA reserves the right at any time before the commencement of the booking for which the facility is booked, to cancel the booking as a result of any act of God, accident, failure or damage to machinery or other equipment or breach of contract by a third party. If this becomes necessary, the YMCA will make every effort to give the Hirer notice and will refund any letting fees or charges which the Hirer has paid to the YMCA for the booking or will, alternatively, offer the hirer alternative facilities of a comparable standard. In any event, the YMCA will be under no liability in respect of any alteration, re-arrangement or cancellation of any booking other than to refund the hire fees or charges. The YMCA reserve the right to terminate a booking due to late or non-payment of invoices.
- All bookings at NSCAV are the responsibility of the Hirer.
- YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community and Activity Village accept no liability for loss or damage however caused.
- All groups using NSCAV will be required to become annual members of YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community and Activity Village. This enables access to the YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community and Activity Village for bookings including the 3G Pitches and Athletics Track & building. PLEASE ENSURE THAT ANY EQUIPMENT BROUGHT INTO NSCAV IS FULLY INSURED AND IS NOT LEFT UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME. By ticking ‘yes’ above, you are agreeing to adhere to the Conditions of hire, FA Code of Conduct (if applicable) laid out above, failure to adhere will result in the termination of your booking.