The YMCA Café is officially open!
Situated on the ground floor with views out onto the Stadia Football pitch, the YMCA Cafe at the Village is an ideal space to meet with friends or have a base to work. Serving locally sourced food prepared on-site with a range of hot, cold and alcoholic beverages.
Open seven days a week, the cafe is run on a not-for-profit basis, with parts of the proceeds going back to the YMCA Newark & Sherwood, enabling it to continue working to improve the lives of young adults and communities across Nottinghamshire.
Café Opening Hours
Opening hours will extend in due course.
Food served from 10am until 5pm.
Our menu will champion the finest regional ingredients and award-winning suppliers, which will change throughout the year to showcase seasonal flavours.
A vibrant brunch and food menu will include; wholesome bites, seasonal salads, small plates and much more.
Bakery & Breakfast Bar
Start your morning with a freshly baked croissant or our signature breakfast wrap.
Menu’s will change and vary depending upon the seasons. Our menu offering will expand in due course.
Bakery & Breakfast Bar
- The pastries – croissant/pain aux raisin/cinnamon swirl
- Our house special cake selection
- Toasted sourdough teacake
- Sourdough toast – with butter & our homemade jam
- Granola with local natural yoghurt
- Altholl brose
- Our filled breakfast wrap
All Day Brunch
- Chorizo hash – fried potatoes, seared chorizo, caramelised onion topped with poached egg
- Breakfast bowl – bacon, black pudding, fried potatoes served with smashed eggs on toasted sourdough
- Avocado, sauté onions, mushrooms & diced tomato on rye bread
- Seasonal mushrooms, onion and tarragon on toasted brioche
Small Plates & Bowls
- Spicy meatballs, roast aubergine & butterbean with tomato ragu
- Hash – chorizo, baby potato, red onion with bravos sauce
- Sautéed seasonal mushrooms, wild garlic & tarragon cheese gratin
- Chicken Caesar salad, pancetta & sourdough croutons
- Feta, glazed fig, pomegranate & mint salsa with vegetable cous-cous
- Salmon, fennel & summer greens orzo salad & toasted superseeds
Sandwiches – Served on locally baked artisan bread
- Local ham, fig & onion jam, sun-blushed tomatoes
- Coronation chicken, topped with honey & toasted almonds
- Beetroot infused smoked salmon, pickled cucumber, lemon mayo
- Wensleydale cheese & sweet carrot chutney
- Smoked salmon, lemon mayo, wild leaves & pickled cucumber
For Younger Tummies
- Pasta with homemade tomato sauce
- Picnic – sandwich, carrot sticks & dips, apple slices, sweet muffin
- Pizza omelette: cheese, tomato & basil with carrot sticks
- Mini meatballs bowl, tomato and vegetable sauce, grated cheese
- Oven-baked chicken strips, dipping sauce with carrot fries
Meet the suppliers
Stewarts of Trent Bridge’s story starts with Nottingham coffee visionary Stewart Falconer, hand roasting coffee in the 80’s, before the word “artisan” even existed. After a few cups of the good stuff during his travels abroad, he made it his mission to make quality coffee the norm, not the exception. Stewarts are proud to carry on his tradition!
“We try our hardest to ensure not only that our coffee tastes amazing, but that it is as kind to the planet, and its people as possible. We make sure our raw coffee beans are sourced from suppliers that work directly with local communities, we then roast these beans to absolute perfection in our Sneinton Market roastery in Nottingham city centre – using the original roaster Stewart bought for the job all those years ago!”Stewarts of Trent Bridge
“Over fifty years ago Starkey’s started to grow strawberries and other soft fruit. Today we grow specialist apples and strawberries, blackberries and raspberries for major supermarkets.
Starkey’s were the first to grow Bramleys and still only grow the Original Variety today. Experience the fruits of our labour first hand by trying one of our magnificent apple juices.”Starkey’s Fruit
The Fruit Basket Direct and their retail store, The Fruit Basket in West Bridgford, are a local family run business providing a quality range of fresh produce, dairy, eggs, bakery and dry store requirements to the finest kitchens in the East Midlands.
“We pride ourselves on delivering restaurant quality produce and excellent service to homes and restaurants throughout the region. Our sustainable supply chain, consisting of local growers and farmers, national markets and international importers allow us to source the finest, freshest seasonal ingredients throughout the UK and across the World.”The Fruit Basket
The Welbeck Bakehouse is an award-winning wholesale bakery situated within the picturesque Welbeck Estate in Nottinghamshire.
Founded in 2008 by baking enthusiast Alison Swan-Parente, The Welbeck Bakehouse built its foundations on a desire to create and promote ‘Real Bread’.
A decade on, the bakery is renowned for its specialism in Sourdough and Viennoiserie. It has played a key part in the growth of the estate’s artisan community, and supplies a vast array of hand-crafted products to independent businesses throughout the East Midlands.The Welbeck Bakehouse
We would love to hear your feedback from your experience at the YMCA Café. Please write us a review on Tripadvisor so that we can improve future experiences and keep up the good work.
FREE high-speed Wifi is available in the Café making it an ideal space to work from or for a business meeting.
The finest regional ingredients and award-winning suppliers, which will change throughout the year to stay seasonal.
A brand new industrial inspired venue perfect for socialising, working, a trying new seasonal foods.