The YMCA Climbing Centre is a place to learn how to climb for beginners and has many exciting features that will challenge intermediates, as well as plenty of features for the seasoned climbers too.
With a new and modern feel, there is a wide range of holds and volumes, all built to the highest European standards.
The YMCA Climbing Centre features bouldering areas, 15m high main wall and an IFSC Olympic standard speed wall with Clip ‘n Climb opening in the New Year.
IDEAL FOR:BoulderingClip ‘n ClimbSpeed ClimbingTone or build muscleTeam building eventChildren’s parties
- 15m high main wall with 16 lines, including lead top rope and auto belays
- IFSC Olympic standard speed wall with timer, for speed climbing and training
- Vertical, overhang and slab climbing
- 6m top rope area 10 routes over five lines
- Three bouldering areas with seven coloured circuits, totalling 80+ boulder problems, catering for beginner, intermediate and advanced boulderers
- Clip ‘n Climb area, geared towards young people, with 12 different challenges, with viewing area (coming in 2023)
It’s exciting to see the 12 different Clip ‘n Climb features ready for early 2023.
This area will be where younger climbers and beginners can start their climbing journey to practice and hone various skills, from fingertip strengthening to reach and flexibility.