Your privacy is extremely important to us, so we only use the information you provide about yourself and/or your company when using this website to answer your enquiry or to help us improve our service to you. We do not share this information with any third party, except to the extent necessary to answer your enquiry (if that enquiry needs the involvement of a third party). We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
The information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Online forms: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website at www.ymcanewarksherwood.org only. This includes information provided when completing our enquiry form. Typically, this may include your name, organisation’s name, your position, email address, business address and contact telephone number. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Contact: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Surveys: We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Analytic data: Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, web server statistics, traffic data, location data and details of the web pages and resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including operating system and browser type to help analyse information. As statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, this content does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to user needs.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data that you transmit to our site; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. We also keep your information confidential. Our internal policies and procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes:
- Essential correspondence: Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Personal logins: Allow you to access secure areas of our Website (such as ‘My Account’) when you choose to do so.
- Mailouts: We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, SMS, post or telephone.
- Existing customers: If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Nottinghamshire YMCA uses a database called Salesforce, alongside the company’s Marketing app called Pardot, to store, profile and evaluate data to ensure we can deliver the best services for you. We promise to only keep essential information that is necessary for the services/Marketing to which you have consented, and we will take measures to safely delete any personal data that is no longer relevant to our relationship with you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in a very limited number of circumstances, including:
- Where we engage the business services of a third party to provide services directly. For example, we may use a mailing house to email promotional materials such as our email newsletter. Rest assured that any third parties are strictly prohibited from using your personal data for any other purposes.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us.
Alternatively, if you would like to receive Marketing communications, offers and news updates – you can opt in now by completing this form.
Our website may contain links to/from the websites of our supporters and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note external sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a legal right to access information held about you. Any access request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
By submitting your information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
Emails sent to us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with organisational policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
Access to personal information
Nottinghamshire YMCA aims to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. You can find out if we hold any of your personal information by making a “Subject Access Request” under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding it
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to, and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
To make a request to Nottinghamshire YMCA for any personal information we may hold relating to you, you will need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Data Protection Manager.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to remove (or correct any mistakes in) this information by, once again, contacting the Data Protection Manager. In accordance with the data Protection Act, we may contact you regarding your Subject Access Request to verify who you are and/or obtain more details about the information you need.
Once this has been done, we have 40 days to deliver this information to you. If you would like to be emailed this information, rather than a paper copy, we may be able to speed up this delivery time and may also be able to return your cheque.
However, this is on a case by case basis and depends on the amount of work involved in collating (and printing if needed) the information relating to your Subject Access Request.
Complaints or queries
Nottinghamshire YMCA endeavours to meet the highest standards in everything that we do especially when collecting and using personal information.
We take any complaints we receive about data protection very seriously, and encourage people to contact us if they believe that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Nottinghamshire YMCA’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed for a particular aspect or service.
Data Protection Manager Nottinghamshire YMCA c/o NVAC, 7 Mansfield Road Nottingham NG1 3FB