A family fun day will be held on Saturday 16th July at YMCA Community & Activity Village in Newark, to mark the launch of the brand-new site.
The event takes place from 11am to 3pm and admission is free.
Entertainment on the day includes:
- Tony Roberts and Vicky Cousins from Radio Newark hosting live entertainment
- Performances from cover band Flipside
- DJ sets from Tony Jones
- Three times Crufts winner Nicci Hindson and her dog Rory
- Artisan food stalls
- Bookable tours inside the Village
- FREE Children’s entertainment and activities
- Camp Williams Team activities, including soft archery and the GaGa pit
- You Can Do Sport Academy, hosting football, rowing, rugby and boxing skills
- Interactive music sessions from Pure Steel
Todd Cauthorn, Executive Director, YMCA Newark & Sherwood, said: “We are incredibly excited to welcome families to YMCA Community & Activity Village and we can’t wait to show people all the amazing facilities that the site has to offer. We’ve planned a day packed full of entertainment for people of all ages, so it is sure to be a fun day out for the whole family.
“The event is also our opportunity to thank all the people who have worked so hard on the project, and to show the local community the fantastic results of all their efforts.
“We hope the fun day will be the first of many visits to the Village, which has been designed with the community in mind.”
YMCA will also host a series of VIP tours of the site in the weeks leading up to its opening, as a way to thank partners, sponsors and people who have contributed to its creation.