Come along to the YMCA Village for our ‘It’s a Knockout’ & Family Fun Day, for a day of fun and activities and community support.
Taking place on Sunday, 25 June, 2023, from 10am until 3pm. This exciting event promises a day of entertainment, friendly competition, and a wide range of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Inspired by the popular 80’s TV programme, ‘It’s a Knockout,’ the event will feature ten local groups and businesses competing in six exhilarating and hilarious games. Prepare to witness Slippery Summit, Medieval Madness, Hats-On, Penguin Pursuit, and Fe Fi Fo Fall, where the participants will battle it out to be crowned champions. The proceeds raised from this friendly competition will directly support young people in the Newark area, making a positive impact on their lives.
The YMCA Village will be buzzing with excitement, offering a wide array of FREE activities for all ages. From fitness challenges, rowing competitions, soft archery, basketball to climbing tasters, there will be something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re an exercise enthusiast or looking to try something new, this family day will cater to many interests and preferences.
Todd Cauthorn, Executive Director of YMCA Newark & Sherwood, “We are delighted to bring the community together for this event. ‘It’s a Knockout’ & Family Fun Day is not just about having a great time; it’s also an opportunity to support the young people in our area who need our help the most. Join us as we celebrate the spirit of unity, friendly competition, and making a positive difference in our community.”
Daniel Briggs, CEO Motorfinity, “We’re thrilled to be reaching out to our local community as Headline Sponsors of the YMCA ‘It’s a Knockout!’ competition. It’s always great fun to participate, meet up with other local organisations, and support charities in this way. The YMCA has invested a lot of money in their facilities and their youth outreach programmes are impressive.”
Here’s a glimpse of the FREE activities awaiting you and your family at the event:
- Participate in family, adult, and youth workouts led by our knowledgeable gym team. Push your limits and take part in outdoor fitness challenges that will test your strength, endurance, and determination.
- Engage the younger ones with youth activities designed to keep them entertained and active.
- Get a taste of the exhilarating world of climbing with taster sessions led by our experienced team. Experience the thrill of indoor climbing, bouldering, and Clip ‘n’ Climb all in our incredible Climbing Centre.
- Join in the fun with Gaga Ball, a fast-paced and energetic game that combines dodging, striking, and running.
- Sharpen your football skills with drills focusing on technique, agility, and precision. Put your accuracy and skills to the test with the crossbar challenge and hit the target.
- Experience the thrill of archery in a safe and enjoyable environment with Soft Archery.
- Shoot some hoops and engage in friendly basketball games, free throw skills, and compete for the highest score. Step up to the three-point line and see how many shots you can sink within the time limit!
YMCA Newark & Sherwood, understand that even a small contribution can make a significant difference in the lives of the young people and families they support. Donations received during the event will help fund various crucial programmes and services. For example, a £10 donation will sponsor a child to attend Camp Williams – a YMCA holiday day camp, while £20 will provide new clothes or a gift for a young person in their care. Your generosity can provide a safe place to stay for someone in need, or it can contribute to wellbeing counselling for young people.
Todd Cauthorn, Executive Director of YMCA Newark & Sherwood, expressed his appreciation to Motorfinity and Financefinity, the overall sponsors of the event, as well as all the participating teams. “We would like to extend our thanks to Motorfinity and Financefinity for their generous support as the overall sponsors of ‘It’s a Knockout’ & Family Fun Day. We are also immensely grateful to all the teams who are actively raising money as part of this event. Their collective efforts and all the donations will make a lasting difference in the lives of young people in the local community. We invite everyone to join us in supporting these teams and their fundraising efforts.”
Dean Skiba, COO, Motorfinity added, “It’s great to recognise the YMCA’s youth work as it gains momentum and we love to support this. Motorfinity and Financefinity team members will be taking part to give a little back to this charity at their event. We’d like to express a special thank you to Becky Dobb who has been brilliant in collaborating with our company.”